6.08.2009

Thin Crust Pizza

Let's start with this. How about let's begin with some of my baking stuff. I mean sure, I upload pictures onto Facebook, but I never actually post the recipes anywhere I remember... I write them on post-it notes or on the back of scratch paper, make the recipe, and then lose it somewhere... usually in the trash can.

So, let's use this blog as a chronicle of all the things I've baked... ^-^ no one has to read this, okay? Sort of like... my own personal recipebook. Besides, saving these as word documents on my computer would be kind of lame, wouldn't they?

Pizza. After all, this is what new bakers should start with, right? I love reading foodie blogs... their stories are so interesting, the pictures and their exquisite details, the trials and triumphs are so wonderful. Therefore, this recipe comes from Convivial ! (I'm so jealous of the kitchenaid mixer ;_;)

Er.. Wait, that didn't mean I wanted to BE a kitchenaid mixer. Just that I wanted one. Yeah. >_<

Here's the recipe:
Thin Crust Pizza

  • 3/4 cups warm water
  • 2 tsp yeast
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • 2 cups bread flour
  • 1/2 tbs of honey
  • 1 tbs of salt
  • 2 dashes of oil (4 tbsp?)

  1. Proof yeast with warm water and the 1 tsp sugar.
  2. Sift the flour into a large bowl, make a well, and pour the yeast mixture in.
  3. Mix together with a wooden spoon, knead into a ball, and leave on counter, covered with the bowl, for 20 minutes.
  4. Squeeze honey onto the dough, lightly sprinkle it with salt, and knead until fully incorporated.
  5. Add a dash of oil onto the dough, and knead until fully incorporated.
  6. Dash some oil into a bowl, and cover the dough ball with the oil in the dough, then cover with a damp tea towel, and let rise for 40 minutes.
  7. Preheat the oven to 400˚F.
  8. Using a spatula, dump the dough out onto a lightly floured counter, and knead once or twice.
  9. Roll out the dough into a circle, place onto pizza pan (and stretch the dough to fit pan as needed).
  10. Spread sauce and desired toppings on. Bake for 10-12 minutes on the middle rack of the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment