11.03.2009

Anything Goes Salad (My Version)

Oh no. You've caught me again. I've once again come up with a recipe that isn't really a recipe (see Rainbow Salad). Oh well. This is just what I do when I'm too lazy to actually go through all that measuring and baking and eating. Oh wait, never mind about the eating. This is my Anything Goes Salad, where seriously, anything goes! Toss together anything you want. Even if it's beyond weird. Don't worry about it. This recipe makes 2 servings.


Basically this recipe is Costco's Iceberg Lettuce Mix married to Rainbow Salad. I know, ingenious right? Yes, that's because I snuck went into Costco yesterday, and bought a giant bag of Iceberg Lettuce mix! And then I had to call my mom to come pay because I don't have a Costco card. As for the lettuce, apart from those icky purple things (which is one of the three ingredients of the mix), I like it, but it's too plain. So I decided to spruce it up with random fruit from my refrigerator topped off with several dollops of vanilla yogurt! Truth be told, I hate vanilla yogurt. So you might be wondering why I used it in a salad? Well, that's because I hate vanilla yogurt! It's never going to get eaten if I just leave it in the refrigerator, so might as well use it in something and hope I still like it. If that logic doesn't make sense to you, don't sweat it. It doesn't make sense to me either.


Anything Goes Salad

  • 1 cup watermelon chunks
  • 1 yellow nectarine, cut into chunks
  • 1 cup grapes
  • 3 cups Costco's Iceberg Lettuce Mix
  • 1 container (Light) Yoplait Very Vanilla Yogurt


  1. Cut everything into chunks (except the lettuce mix and yogurt, of course).
  2. Toss fruit with lettuce mix.
  3. Pour, douse, throw, or simply plop the yogurt onto various parts of the salad.
  4. Present it to your sister who will "ooh" and "aah" at your genius.
  5. Take it back if your sister doesn't marvel at your genius.

Calories (1 serving): 160

1 comment:

  1. the grapes and the watermelon chunk look like a :D face

    ReplyDelete